Workers’ Compensation Services
Our Workers’ Compensation services involve the diagnosis, treatment and management of work-related musculoskeletal injuries. The successful treatment of work-related injuries recognizes there are physical, work environment, and socioeconomic issues to consider when treating patients hurt at work.
Many of our patients come to our practice as a result of work-related injuries. We emphasize providing the best orthopaedic care quickly to those injured. We provide staff dedicated solely to Worker’s Compensation patients; they act as resources for the patient, employer, case manager, and insurance representatives.
PROMPT AND EFFICIENT SERVICE
- Patients can be scheduled to be evaluated as quickly as the same day, based on the nature of the injury and physician availability.
- X-ray services on-site provide rapid diagnosis to the patient and employer representative.
- Our dedicated Workers’ Compensation staff have direct access to our knowledgable team of specialists to get the answers you need, when you need them.
- We recognize the importance for nurse case managers, claims adjusters, attorneys, and employers to know the status of the injured worker. Our dedicated staff are
available to answer questions, and forward appropriate work status information throughout the day.
- The key to a timely plan of care is persistence. Our representatives actively work to obtain authorization for any procedure, diagnostic test or surgery recommended by our providers. We work on behalf of the injured worker to supply all applicable information in order to obtain authorization prior to a scheduled service.
FOCUS ON HEALING AND RETURNING TO WORK
- If light duty work is available to the patient, our physicians make every attempt to accommodate an appropriate work schedule while adhering to treatment and healing protocol.
Independent Medical Exams (IME)
Occasionally an Independent Medical Exam is necessary to provide the appropriate treatment to the injured worker. A “special exam” is required in this case. The injured worker’s medical records will be reviewed prior to scheduling an appointment with our IME Examiner, James R. Schwartz, MD, JD. (link to Dr. Schwartz’s CV / Bio) .
For questions about IME services, call our office at (540) 434-1664 ext. 137.